Why and How to Optimize the Localization Process
updated about 1 year ago
This proposal has been withdrawn...
- Should you localize your app even if it has just a few strings?
- Should you just release in english and maybe localize later if the app goes well?
- Should you even consider any localization preparations while the app is beeing developed?
- Should you translate appstore descriptions and screenshots?
- How to get translated texts in and out of your app?
- Can't just use google translate?
- How can i make room in my tight release cycle?
- What about updates and bugfixes?
- Why bother providing descriptions, screenshots and beta builds?
- How to test translations?
- How to fix wrong translations?
Localization often ends up as a burdon on developer todo lists typically shortly before the release when they are already in a lot of stress. The talk will try to answer several questions that come up in the app localization process as well as pinpoint a lot of the typical errors and show tools that can help to solve them and make developer life a bit easier.