📲 How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Voiceover
updated about 1 year ago; latest suggestion about 1 year ago
Apple revolutionized the world of accessibility. Their accessibility-first design has made it easier than ever for developers to make their app usable by those with visual, auditory, and other impairments. However, accessibility is often the first feature to go when developers are pressed for time.
It doesn't have to be that way. This talk will show how making your app more accessible is easily within reach and will pay dividends. It will introduce attendees to the basic tenets of accessibility on Apple's platform, and demonstrate why you should care about accessibility in the first place.
- Terminology - what are accessibility labels, hints, and traits?
- Using Dynamic Type effectively
- Accessibility auditing in Xcode
- Navigating your app with Voiceover-- including an interactive demo with an Apple app
- Getting the low hanging fruit in your app
- Why should we care?
YES! YES! YES! I've been spending a lot of time making my app much more accessible. Understanding the basics will be a huge help for developers.
Hey. Accessibility is always a great topic.
I would like to hear more about dynamic type / text sizes