Previewing everything with SwiftUI and what are its limitations?
Last updated: 8 months ago
This talk focus on important techniques to master SwiftUI previews and using it can help improving your daily development process. In every technique, I will address the differences between previewing in static mode & play mode in canvas.
What the audience will learn:
Introducing SwiftUI previews
- SwiftUI Previews' environment variables: color themes, accessibility, ...
- previewing localization: Text vs NSLocalizedString
- Size class, previewing multiple device types, ...
Previewing UIKit components
- previewing with UIViewRepresentable
- SwiftUI environment variables with UIKit components
- navigation bar, tab bar, table view
- some common crashes when previewing
SwiftUI preview vs directly presenting UIViewController:
- safe area, landscape mode or SwiftUI limitation
- Loading content: async after, URLSession requests, WKWebView